Followers

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 8~Blog Assignment

Girls in Brazil
 Blog Assignment ~ Final Week 8

~Teaching and Diversity~


How your colleagues have supported you:
Anne Geddes
My colleagues have  supported me by reviewing my discussion post, commenting on my blog post, email correspondence and just being long distance learners. I can go anywhere in the world and feel a sense of closeness and compassion for the early childhood profession. Some of the readings and applications have been extensive, but what, I have noticed is that these ladies are strong and love the work that they do as reflected in their postings and stamina. It is difficult being away emotional and sometimes physically from our families while studying and having to work and give 100% of our time. Hopefully, within the near future, we will be able to reap the benefits of all our labor.
How you have supported them: 
Mere words can not express the support I am willing to offer my colleagues. I believe just by being me and striving to do the right thing is a good reflection of the passion, I have for working with children and their families.  I have offered my time and commented on discussion post and blogs. We are culturally diverse in our own families and lifestyles and I truly support that as a gift. It has really brighten my own worldview on many subjects and topics of what I have leaned from other woman, men and professionals in this field.
LOL!

What you wish for your colleagues as they continue on their professional path:

What is desired and  wished for my colleagues is:  livelong learning, great careers and jobs, prosperity and cultural diversity. I like that my colleagues are role models for the profession and that they continue to be forerunners in the early child development field. Good fortune in their field of endeavor and much happiness for the future.


  ~Contact Information~

My Blog Link at Walden: http://www.nmcclain-nmcclain.blogspot.com/

Phone: As Requested
Email: nancy.mcclain@waldenu.edu
Personal Email: nancyind77@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, your knowledge, experience, and willingness to form a bond has turned into a friendship. I have learned so much from your discussions, your positive perspectives on life and of course, your early childhood experience. You offered strength when I needed it and supported me throughout this entire journey. Thank you so much... I know we will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, we have been in several classes togehter over the past year. I have enjoyed reading your blog as well as thoughts and respones in discussion thread. You can learned a lot from reading and listening to each of our colleagues thoughts and responses. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, thank you for sharing about yourself and your experiences on your blog and in your discussions. It has been wonderful getting to know you through these topics and see your passion for children and the early childhood field. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and continues success on your Walden journey!

    ReplyDelete