Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blog: Week 8~ CD 6164~ Professional Hopes and Goals

Diversity in Children

Mother To Son ~Poem by Langston Hughes

Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

hands and diversity


This is one of my favorite poems by Langston Hughes. This poem is my hope and goal for working with children and families and issues of diversity, equity and social justice. Life is not a crystal stair~Life begins and ends with hope. Some of my motto's are: "when the teacher shows up~the student is present" (Anonymous) and "We are as Happy as we make up our minds to be" (Abraham Lincoln)
 Link to video of Poem: http://youtu.be/-E2ZPnRYnfw


~Hope~ 
I hope that families would grow in the program and see progress in their children on a daily basis.

~Goals~
My greatest goal is to finish the Early Child Development Program here at Walden University so that I can connect with children and families and share what I have learned in my studies. I want to make as many resources available to the families as possible.


Time Goes So Fast!

~ Note of Thanks: To My Colleagues~

Thank you for your patience, hope and response to all my post and discussions. I am so happy to be a part of this journey with you all!

Reference:
Hughes, Langston, "Mother to Son" (1967).
 Link to video of Poem: http://youtu.be/-E2ZPnRYnfw

No comments:

Post a Comment