Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blog Assignment: Reflecting on Learning

~Week 8 Blog Assignment EDUC 6358~Professor Weems~

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth, Psalm 46:10 ~American King James Version~


An explanation of my most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional and for the children and families with whom I work or will work with:
I am very passionate about teaching young children from Birth through 3rd grade. This is a time where they are developing cognitively, socially, emotionally and physically. This is a time to impress and assist in learning good skills on equality. I hope that I am selected as a Special Education teacher, working with a diverse group of children with disabilities. My goal is to teach equality, diversity and fairness to each child. I want to integrate the parent in the class as much as possible and as an advocate for their child.  It is the families who know what is best for their child. The community is also part of the child’s ecosystem. I want to bring the community into the classroom as a partnership in lifelong learning.

A brief note of thanks to my colleagues:
I want to take this opportunity to thank my colleagues and professor for all the assistance you offered in your Blogs, Discussions and open forums. You have been a valuable imprint on my learning about Diversity and the anti-bias curriculum.And if you got a moment, check out this site:



2 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    I agree with you on the importance of including families in our work with their children, because we only have the opportunity to be with children a limited amount of time, but family members know them the best –in most cases. In addition, the children’s community is also going to give us vital information about the practices that families and children have, and thus we will be able to better understand and work with them, while founding our practice on the facts they are more familiar with.

    Thanks for sharing Nancy. Good luck in the last course and in future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building a relationship with the families is the foundation of getting to know who the child is. We endure great respect about their values, culture and so forth. We can understand who the child is as an individual.

    The community can provide many resources to all of us to help better serve our children and families. I do not have all the answers or cannot provide all the answers,however, the community will serve as a great asset.

    I wish you much success as you complete your studies and commence your career.

    ReplyDelete